*** If you love these prompts (or are looking to improve your writing or submit a manuscript), do take a look at seven my online courses… six are half-price (using coupon codes) and the other is FREE! I also provide an inexpensive editing and critique service with a free 1,000-word sample for when you’ve written your pieces! ***
- Monday 7th August: ten minutes early
- Tuesday 8th August: sticking like glue (try to avoid clichés!)
- Wednesday 9th August: a night at the opera
- Thursday 10th August: this picture
- Friday 11th August: covering up
- Saturday 12th August: making soup
- Sunday 13th August: pick an item from this week’s news
- Don’t forget your five senses: sight, sound, touch, taste, smell
- Colours: Include at least one colour in your story. It does add depth.
- Use strong verbs and avoid adverbs: have someone striding instead of walking confidently.
- Only use repetition to emphasise.
- When you’ve finished the first draft, read the piece aloud. It’s surprising how many ‘mistakes’ leap out at you when you read out loud… assuming you have any of course! You could then submit your piece to somewhere listed on Submissions – non-fiction.
- And there are loads more writing tips on https://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/writing-101.
Picture above courtesy of morguefile.com / pixabay.com